When you put your trust in God he guides your mind so you don’t want what’s inharmonious with his will. What’s been impossible now becomes possible. Jesus said “Everything is possible for one who believes.” (Mark 9:23) Throw your heart into trusting God and the rest will follow.
How to develop trust in God:
- Have a childlike faith. Let go of grown up barriers that keep us from seeing God through our life-tainted eyes.
- Faith must grow. Must be watered and nurtured through reading the word and having a grateful heart.
- Defeat doubt by learning to expect God to answer. Memorize James 1:6-8. “But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.” Don’t let those negative thoughts creep into your head.
- Know God loves you. Meditate on his love. Recall the times God came through for you, times he showed his love. The more you know him the more you will trust him.
- Be willing to relinquish trusting yourself. Let God take the reins; let Him guide your steps. (Proverbs 16:9)
- Make it a habit. The more you practice faith and putting your trust in God the easier it will be.
- Acknowledge where attacks come from. Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.(1 Peter 5:8)
Remember times you have trusted God and He came through for you. Write these down and carry with you to remind yourself of how trustworthy God is in times of doubt.
Bible verse on Trusting God:
|Luke 24:38 (ESV)||And he said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts?|
|Psalm 56:3-4 (ESV)||When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?|
|Proverbs 3:5 (ESV)||Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.|
|Psalm 13:5 (ESV)||But I have trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.|
|Isaiah 26:3-4 (ESV)||You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.|
|Psalm 31:14-18 (ESV)||But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, “You are my God.” My times are in your hand; rescue me from the hand of my enemies and from my persecutors!|
|James 1:6 (ESV)||But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.|
|Psalm 37:5 (ESV)||Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act.|
|Psalm 91:2 (NIV)||I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.|
|John 14:27 (NIV)||Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.|
|Psalm 9:10 (ESV)||And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.|
|Matthew 21:21 (ESV)||And Jesus answered them, “Truly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen.|
|John 14:1 (NLT)||Do not let your heart be troubled. You have put your trust in God, put your trust in Me also.|
|Psalm 9:9 (NLT)||The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.|
|Nahum 1:7 (NLV)||The Lord is good, a safe place in times of trouble. And He knows those who come to Him to be safe.|
|Romans 15:13 (NIV)||May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.|
|Psalm 46:1 (NIV)||God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.|
|Proverbs 30:5||Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.|