If you’ve noticed that the symbol on my blog is an arrowhead and wondered “what does that have to do with anything”. Let me explain.
The story goes back to day’s 85-90 of my journey, in 2009. The adventure posed a few issues and as I used to say “you haven’t trusted God until you have to trust him for a toilet, a safe to park your camper/van each night or personal hygiene.” After a week without washing your hair you’ll be praising Jesus over any little spicket of water and believe me some of my hair washing adventures were quite creative. Ultimately I was in daily desperation for God’s protection and provision. But oh, what a place to be.
Let’s take a look at God’s provision and protection at work.
- Mid-September 2009 I found myself available to work an extra day. This request put me in Craig County, Colorado. This gave me a free weekend to explore. I chose Arches National Park, Utah since I didn’t get to visit on my last trip west.
- I remembered that when I was planning my trip I dreamed of waterfalls and later found them online. The falls were just off the highway heading to Arches, the falls God gave me in a dream.
- After my visit to Arches I went to every scenic area along I 70 in Utah. At one of these scenic areas I saw a woman setting up her hand-made jewelry. My last trip west I planned to buy some Native American jewelry but it didn’t work out. I was determined this time.
- As I looked at her jewelry I thought “it’s so fancy and beautiful but for this trip I want something simpler”. I spotted an arrowhead on a leather strand and thought “I like the arrowhead but it looks too masculine”. As I wandered I found arrowheads on silver chains. Bright pink, bright turquoise and olive green. I wanted turquoise but the color was too bright, the pink too girly and the green was just not my color. I couldn’t help be drawn to the odd little green one.
- I knew he wanted me to have that green one, but oh that color. So I said “Lord, if it’s under 10$ I’ll get it.” It was 8$. So I said “Lord, it looks small so if it fits I’ll buy it”. Don’t you just love how we bargain with God? It not only fit perfectly but I knew it was where it belonged.
- Later that day I Googled the stone, a leopard skin jasper. What meaning did this little stone represent. Yup, a jasper represents protection and provision. God gave me the perfect stone for this trip. But wait there’s more. After composing myself I searched for the meaning specific to the leopard skin jasper…a stone representing a spiritual journey. And that was exactly where I was. My road trip with Jesus was definitely a spiritual journey.
I understand I still haven’t gotten to the point – why an arrowhead. I asked that God too. “Lord, why an arrowhead? Why not a heart or a cross?” The answer came a week later. God said “An arrow not only protects and provides but it’s also a symbol of a warrior. I want you to know that I will always fight for your heart.”
The next week I was in Montana. Their state highway symbol is an arrowhead. I saw arrowheads everywhere as I experienced God’s protection and provision like never before.
Pingback: Thought Conditioner #26 | Jubilee Journey