I’d like to thank Moky and Marisa for nomination Jubilee Journey for the Liebster Award. I am honored. I had no idea what this award was for or what Liebster meant so I of course Googled it. Liebster is a German word meaning dearest, beloved. What a nice thought. There seems to be no consensus on how this award came about or its original context so I’m going with what I read at Sweet Parrish Place: the “award is presented as a way to acknowledge up and coming bloggers and to help them be recognized for their outstanding accomplishments.”
Of course there are rules so here they are
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
11 random facts about me
- Mother of identical twin daughters
- Grama to 17-month-old Malakai
- I have been fortunate to have visited all 48 contiguous states
- Love the Little Mermaid
- Love playing cards, especially euchre
- Just started Atkins, we’ll see how that goes
- Love swimming, could stay in the water all day
- Hate the cold
- Photographers love to photograph during “sweet light”, early morn and late afternoon. I have only risen for a sunrise photo-shoot twice. I know, I’m bad!
- I’m visually challenged, makes it an interesting challenge to be a photographer and to spend so much time on a computer or even drive.
- I have 3 brothers and 3 sisters, 5 of which I only met two years ago
Questions asked by Moky and Marisa
- What is the weirdest dream you’ve had? It’s so hard to remember dreams but there was a recurring dream from my childhood that still haunts me. I was in a dark cave-like place surrounded by women dressed like nuns. My mother was leaving me there for adoption.
- What keeps you motivated? I’m very goal oriented so motivating myself isn’t much of a problem. When something needs done it goes on a list, being able to cross it off motivates me. I’m simple.
- How do you feel about other blogs that talk about blogs they dislike? I’ve never been to one and if I saw unconstructive, negative remarks about another blog I’d be sure not to go there again. There’s no room for that in my life.
- How many bathrooms does your dream house have? 6 – one in each bedroom, half bath in kitchen, guest bath
- What are your favorite pizza toppings? Chicken, bacon, red onion, bell peppers and for sauce..barbeque, alfredo or no sauce if these options aren’t available.
- What would you change your name to if you could? Victoria
- Would you change your blog name if you could? No way…God gave me my jubilee journey, it’s all to honor Him.
- Which website do you visit most during the day? WordPress
- How many pets do you have? 1, my dog Princess
- If you could buy an island which one would it be? Cape Cod, yes it’s a manmade island but an island all the same.
- If you could name a star what would you name it? Kaiberley – malaKAI, amBER, ashLEY. My daughters and grandson.
Blogs I picked
11 questions from me
- Why did you decide to start your blog?
- How many countries or US states have you been to and stayed for at least one night?
- What is your favorite National Park (or state/provincial)?
- How do you prefer to travel, auto, train, bus, plane, etc?
- Have you ever had an epiphany?
- What is your favorite movie (or genre)?
- If you wrote a book about your life what would you title it?
- What is your favorite landscape feature?
- How do you think the world will end?
- What is your favorite food?
- When you search for blogs to read what search criteria do you use?